Healthy Game Day Dip
We’re getting into peak football season so I thought I’d share a delicious and healthy dip, that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Normally we tend to go towards the fatty dips that we find super flavourful because most of the “healthy” store bought dips are pretty bland and boring. If you are wanting to have a delicious dip but still watch your calories, I have the perfect dip for you. I’m a huge fan of avocados so any sort of avocado / guac dip that I can have is a bonus for me. Here is the recipe for my favourite healthy game day dip.
- 2 avocados cut up and removed from the peel ( I normally leave them in long strips and take them out of the peel ).
- 6 oz or ¾ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon ( squeeze the juice out )
- 1 lime ( squeeze the juice out )
- Teaspoon of chili powder ( or to taste )
- 1 small clove of garlic minced ( or to taste )
- Small handful of cilantro or parsley ( optional )
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender ( I just use a magic bullet )
- Blend all ingredients until it has reached your desired thickness
- Put into a bowl and surround with vegetables, crackers, pita chips etc. If you want, you can also add a bit of shredded cheese to the top and either microwave or bake for a couple minutes to warm it up if you like your dips warm.
You can add any sort of finishing touches you’d like to this recipe or add in some other ingredients to alter the flavour a bit. It’s delicious any way that you would like to blend it all together. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.